Founded in 1952 as Eliaz Wineries, the winery is located in the town of Binyamina at the foot of the Carmel Mountains. In 1994, a group of investors bought the outdated winery and replaced the existing management. From this point on, the most modern technology and equipment was introduced into the winery, which has led to ever-increasing quality in recent years. Under the supervision of head winemaker Sasson Ben-Aharon and winemaker Assaf Paz, Binyamina is now the fourth largest winery in Israel, producing approximately 2.8 million bottles per year. The grapes for the various wines come from vineyards across the country. Binyamina was also the first Israeli winery to introduce Viognier and Tempranillo wines.